Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tonight, Tonight, I'll see my LOST tonight....

I've been reading some good stuff, so I feel pretty prepared for tonight.

I'm watching the big recap thing, and I felt inspired to post some favorite quotes as reminders.
(Turns out there are so many great ones that have become completely symbolic of the series, and there are more that are just funny in retrospect. Don't know if I can post them all!)

Shannon: [as Boone offers candy] As if I'm gonna start eating chocolate.
Boone: Shannon, we may be here for a while.
Shannon: The plane had a black box, idiot. They know exactly where we are. They're coming. I'll eat on the rescue boat!

Charlie: That’s French! The French are coming! I’ve never been so happy to hear the French!


Locke: [talking about Backgammon, a game he is playing with Walt] Two players, two sides. One is light, one is dark.

Hurley: How do you know how to do all that?
Sayid: I was a military communications officer.
Hurley: Oh yeah? You ever see battle?
Sayid: I fought in the Gulf War.
Hurley: No way! I got a buddy who fought over there. He was in the Hundred and Fifth Airborne. What were you, Air Force? Army?
Sayid: The Republican Guard.


Sayid: We can find food. There are plenty of things on this island we can use for sustenance.
Sawyer: And exactly how are we gonna find this sustenance?
[A knife is thrown into the seat next to Sawyer's head, everyone looks at Locke]:Locke: We hunt.
Kate: How did yo get that on the plane?
Locke: Checked it.
Jack: You either have very good aim, or very bad aim, Mr...
Michael: Locke. His name is Locke.
Jack: Okay Mr. Locke, what is it that we're hunting?
Locke: We know there are wild boar on the island. Razorbacks by the look of em. The one's that came into the camp last night were piglets, 100, 150 pounds each. Which means that there's a mother nearby. A 250 pound rat, with scimitar like tusks, a surly disposition, who'd love nothing more than to eviscerate anything that comes near it. Boar's usual mode of attack is to circle around and charge from behind so I figure it'll take at least three of us to distract her long enough for me to flank one of the piglets, pin it and slit it's throat.
Sawyer: And you gave him his knife back?
Jack:[To Sawyer about Locke's hunting] Well if you've gotta better idea?
Sawyer: Better than the three of us wandering into the magic forest to bag a hunk of ham with nothing but little bitty hunting knife? Hell no it's the best idea I ever heard. [Locke reveals his suitcase full of hunting knives.]
Hurley: Who is this guy?

Locke: But I've looked into the eye of this island, and what I saw... was beautiful.

Hurley: We got a problem. The manifest. Jack, the census. The names of everyone who survived, all 46 of us. I interviewed everyone, here, at the beach. Got their names. One of them, one of them isn't — Jack! One of them isn't in the manifest. He wasn't on the plane.

Jack: What do you think his story is?
Charlie: Who, Locke? Guy's a freak of nature. Highly disturbed. Chances are he probably killed all his mates at the post office the day his mum forgot to put a cookie in this lunch tin. That was my first impression anyway. Then he saved my life.
Jack: Then you trust him?
Charlie: Trust him? No offense, mate, but if there was one person on this island that I would put my absolute faith in to save us all, it would be John Locke.

Hurley: (frightened, whispering to himself) 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.. 4, 8 we're dead 15 doomed and dead 16 23..
Kate: Hurley, are you okay?
Hurley: Oh, yeah, awesome. I just have to pee. (Kate moves to the hatch) Great idea, dude, go over to the burning death hole

Desmond: Lower your gun, or I'll blow his damn head off, brother!
Jack: You.

Ana Lucia: You've been waiting 40 days to talk?
Mr. Eko: You waited 40 days to cry.


Hurley: So... Rose's husband is white. Didn't see that one comin'.
[Kate fears that she's hallucinating.]
Kate: Do you see that?
Sawyer: If you mean the big-ass horse standing in the jungle... then, uh, yeah.


Hurley: So what do you think is the story with that Libby chick?
Charlie: Story?
Hurley: She's kind of cute, right? You know, in an I've-been-terrorized-by-the-Others-for-forty-days kind of way?
Charlie: Yeah, there is that.
Hurley: I think I have a chance with her. I mean, it's a classic desert island scenario.


Locke: Who are you?
Gale: My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota and I crashed on this island just like you.

Hurley: Did that bird just say my name?
Sawyer: Yeah it did, right before it crapped gold.

Desmond: On that day, those numbers turned to hieroglyphics, and this whole place just starting shakin', and that screen- that screen filled up with 'SYSTEM FAILURE', see, here, 'SYSTEM FAILURE, SYSTEM FAILURE', September 22nd, 2004, the day your plane crashed, it's real, it's all bloody real now PUSH THE DAMN BUTTON!

That's a taste of Seasons 1 and 2

check out Wikiquote- pretty cool!

5 comments:

Mommy, Esq. said...

I have to wait to watch with Husband. Maybe I'll watch Season Finale on Hulu.com if it is available.

Monica Marino said...

Ok, Hels, LOST expert. I won't ask any spoiley questions because I'm not sure who's watched it. But here's my major major one- why wasn't Aaron (presumably between 3-4 years old) in a CAR SEAT or BOOSTER? You know car seats are my hobby. And honestly, with Kate's travel safety luck, you' d think she'd keep him restrained for a long time. But he was totally just in the regular seat and seat belt. They live in California, right? Hell, I'm supposed to be in a car seat in California.

Danny Nicholson said...

Hi Helen, you entered a compy on my IWB blog to win a memory stick wristband. Well, you won! But I can't find an easy way to get in touch, so hope this comment gets to you.

Can you email your details to me at danny@think-bank.com and I'll get it in the post

And for us in the UK Lost starts tomorrow, and very excited about it I am too!

Stacey said...

This season is going to be awesome. The producers promised lots of explanations. How much did you love Sawyer slapping Daniel? Woo hoo! Totally channeling the audience frustrations about not getting answers.

Stacey said...

By the way, anyone else think that Miles (I see dead people) is the baby from the Orientation video? I also think that the woman at the end with Ben is Daniel Faraday's mother.

If Sun conceived on the island and all the issues with babies/moms dying starts at conception (per Juliette) why was she OK?

I really like that they can't interfere with past timelines - makes total sense and keeps it from being too Star Trek.