Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"Other others"

Of course, first and foremost- JIN IS ALIVE!



I'm not surprised, I was anticpating it. It was great to see him float up Kate and Leo Titanic style, and the fact that he was discovered by Danielle Rousseau and her band of merry French scientists is just excellent.


Questions #1- If Rousseau met Jin in the past, did she know him in the future when she met the Losties? It would be so great if there was an episode from Season 1 or 2 where Danielle reacts strangely to Jin.


Questions #2- Who parked that dugout canoe on the beach with the Ajira Airways water in it? As Miles said, "I think they want their boat back." And of course, Sawyer would like to hop a flight to Vegas. I would like to see the Dharma shark swim by....


Questions #3- Where are Rose and Bernard, and who drank all the Dharma beer?


Questions # 4- why do they travel together when time flashes?


Questiong # 5- What's up with Charlotte? Is her nosebleed response because she was born on the island as speculated? (or like me perhaps, she has issues with Sinus Infections) Is Juliet in trouble because of her prolonged time on the island? Is this a return trip for Miles as well?

Profound thoughts: Apparently several of my friends out there came up with some version of this theory awhile ago- All the whispering voices in the jungle, the voices that Rousseau could always hear, were people popping up through time travel.

Monica will also be unhappy unless I ask you all your thoughts about Aaron and his car safety. I think this week, it may appear that he was in a small booster seat, but one would think under California law he'd be all strapped in.
What were all your thoughts, questions, revelations?

6 comments:

Mommy, Esq. said...

I was worried about Aaron and his car safety. I don't recall whether Russo actually "met" Jin in the first few seasons - she was really only involved with a handful of characters on a regular basis. The girl who plays her is very sweet looking - nice contrast to the "older" actress who had so much anguish and hardness about her.

Stacey said...

I thought the episode moved along at a nice clip but not much actually happened. I do like that Ben admitted it was him trying to get Aaron. I wonder if this goes back to Richard's comment that the leader of the Others is chosen "very young." We have Aaron, Jin's daughter, Michael's son (can't believe I can't remember his name!), Charlie (Desmond's son), who else? I am happy that Lost appears to be building towards something! Much better than seasons 2, 3 &4!

Monica Marino said...

Ok, I know that I should have FAITH that eventually it will all tie together, but I have a few thoughts.
1. Why were the Others (the original Others, that is) in Season 1 taking the children. In search of Aaron/chosen one/trying to protect them/feed them/ship them home to their parents via submarine?

2. I like the theory about the whispering voices- but honestly, how are we going to explain the black smoke?

3. Aaron is not properly restrained as I keep commenting. But his foster mother is lying and is a criminal and they've both survived a lot of trauma and she keeps a handgun in the house, so maybe she's not obsessed with car seat safety.

4. If Jin and Rousseau are "hitched" together for time travel, will they be "hitched" with the Juliet- (who I always think of as Juliette for some reason)Locke-Sawyer crew, or will we have to endure endless flashes before they arrive in the same spot in time?

5. I liked someone's theory that perhaps Miles is the son of Dr... um.... fake-on-video doctor. Which would explain the nosebleeds. But to whom does Charlotte (aka CS Lewis) belong? They're about the same age, right? Do you think the 70s others held playgroups and they played together?

6. Is anyone else starting to really like Miles? I love his snotty comments. "I think it's Mr. Wizard." Hilarious!

Stacey said...

Another question for this forum, did Jin and Danielle interact at all when she was crazy in the "future"? I can't remember but I think she was very limited in who she interacted with (Jack, Kate, Hurley, etc.)

Stacey said...

Another point: why do people think that Jin and the other "Lostaways" aren't during the same time? For example, Locke and his team ended up in a bad storm and the Frenchies found Jin in a bad storm. So they are all "flashing" to the same points in time at the same time. Just in different geographies on the island.

Mrs. McGinnity said...

1. I am "someone" of the Miles/Marvin theory. And when we first met Miles in the woman's house talking to the dead - I also proposed she was Michael's mom (that ended up caring for Walt ) I took an even bigger rashing for that - complete with emails of "Rose = Eko" google images sent to my email...
2. Jin didn't travel with Rousseau though - she was still holding the rifle at the hole in the ground when Jin got blasted away - then he pops up when she shoots Robert - that makes me curious... why do some travel together but not others? (not Others, or other others, just others) I am not 100% sure Rousseau & Jin ever had a scene in Seasons 1-4.
3. The car seat... he's a very big 3 year old, as my look-alike-Aaron son is so I think its one of those seat only boosters. He meets the height/weight requirement for one.
4. Eloise Hawking - why after Ben & Christian & Richard 'Pretty Eyes' implored Locke that everyone HAS to come back, does she accept Ben's "short notice" group of Jack, Sun & Dez? (Please Dez, stay with Penny and Charlie! and as Helen says - wow that was a fast trip from London to LA via the Panama Canal). She said "It'll do for now."
5. Sun! Your leaving Ji Yeon with your crazy ass mother?! Not with out my daughter Sun! Not without my daughter.
Josie... over and out.