Monday, February 23, 2009

Responses and Discussion with the Ladies of West Parrish Drive

Mommy, Esq and Stacey, I was trying to find a creative way to address you, so that's what you guys got.

I have no time to be doing this right now, but guess what I find myself doing- blogging

1. The kiss between Kate and Jack was definitely more than a kiss and I enjoy the implication that she is now pregnant- whether she was trying to replace Clare on the plane or what, but I could see it going that way (of course we also thought that she was pregnant by Sawyer after the romp in the Polar bear cage, and that would be the son she had in the future and it turned out to be Aaron.)

2. Ben saying that his mother taught him to read, was just him being an ass. Jack doens't know that his mother died in childbirth, but I think Ben was just being smarmy.

3. Sayid after the pier- I'm with you Stacey, that I hope he beat the snot out of Ben, but I'm not totally hopeful. Did Sayid go and confess to the crimes to get Hurley out of jail? (since Hurley had confessed to the murders) How did he manage to get himself extradited to Guam, with his very own marshall? Or did he do something else bad to get himself arrested?

Apparently Darlton couldn't decide what order they wanted to air the episodes- so they showed us this one of them getting back to the island and this week with "Jeremy Bentham" we might get more info of how they got to the airport.

4. What did Ben do? Ugh. When he said he unfinished business, and then looked a mess.
Where are Penny and Des? Is Penny okay? Did Des beat the snot out of him?

5. I totally recognized 316 right away- I'm not very religious, or anything but I just knew, and then when I saw and realized that was on Echo's walking stick, of course.
Stacey said...
Oh, and in case the title "316" refers to John 3:16..."For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life."

"The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham" is going to kick ass. Guess who's scheduled to be in this episode?

Walt (remember he did say that Jeremy Bentham had vistited him) and the creepy Matthew Abbadon will also be returning.

Hey, why doesn't Walt have to go back too? Why weren't things all thrown off when he and Michael left the first time?

2 comments:

Monica Marino said...

Uh, can we talk about this week's episode? My new worry- was Penny born on the island (and lived there for quite some time with her Dad, if he's not a liar, and I'm starting to believe him over Ben these days!)- if so, I can see this coming... she and baby Charlie and Des will all head to the island together. Cue nosebleeds. Yes?

Other than that, I thought it was fantastic! I think this season is answering WAY more questions for me than past seasons and I love to have my questions answered.

Why do they come out in Tunisia- is it the exact opposite of where they are (as in, via the center of the Earth)? And clearly the polar bears found by dead Charlotte were the test "monkeys" going out the exit.

What else, what else? Are Claire, Michael, Charlie, and Mr. Dr. Shephard Sr. (forgot his first name?) living happily on the island in the world of the Locke-esque undead?

Matthew scares the bejesus out of me. I don't always expect the city accent, though. I expect more of a Mr. Eko creepy-faux-British thing.

What else, what else? Post some info, woman!

Stacey said...

What a fantastic episode. I agree with Monica that I'm starting to align with Widmore. However, he was such a snot nosed brat I'm not sure it will stick. Interesting that he said he was the leader before being sent away when clearly it was Richard Alpert and even he answered to someone else. This episode filled in a lot of blanks and I can't wait to see what happens next! The hiatus after this season is going to kill me...