Sunday, March 8, 2009

I'm going to wash that girl right out of my hair...

The Left Behinders have landed- in 1974.
Sawyer was looking awfully perky and clean, eh. JoEllen described him to be "the Breck girl".
Was he too shiny for most of you? I will admit, I like him better scruffier.
But it seems that James LaFleur has found his nitch with the old D.I. (Dharma Initiative), being the head of security and all. And he seems quite at home with Juliet....I thought there chemistry was pretty good. We see them there until 1977- (did we see Daniel in 1977?)

Horace Goodspeed- we have seen Horace before, twice I believe. We met Horace and his wife Olivia (where did she go) when we saw the birth of Benjamin Linus in Portland. Horace and Olivia happened upon Roger "Workman" Linus and his wife. They orchestrated the Linuses coming to the island. We also saw Horace as a ghost building "the shack" in the jungle when Ben was looking for Jacob. Horace was supposedly building the shack for his sweetheart- Olivia? Amy? I'm wondering if it's such a good idea to build vacation cottages on the island outside of the Dharma compound- with the hostiles and all?

Who is the baby? Must be signifcant, right? Can't be Ben. There was some banter about him being Carl, Alex's dead, tortured boyfriend who had been mentioned to be an orphan. It was a boy, so it wasn't Charlotte. ( I would also like to be the first to possibly say that the little redheaded girl that Daniel saw, was not Charlotte. Ben rattled off her name, age, and she's too young to be that girl- if they stick with conistency. My prediction- the redheaded girl could be Annie, the girl that Ben loved.) Could the baby be one of the newbies from the plane? Perhaps Caesar who was poking around the Dharma hatches after the plan crashed?

Significance of the ankh-Amy needed to take the ankh, Egyptian symbol of life, from her dead husband Paul before he was turned over to Richard Alpert and the hostiles. When we saw the end of the hatch, after the numbers ran down, Egyptian hieroglyphics appeared. Don't forget that the when you "leave" the island via the donkey wheel, the other opening is in Tunisia, a couple countries away from Egypt, along the Mediterranean. Lest we forget the four toed statue- that we got a brief glimpse of in between the last two flashes. He appeared to be Egyptian-ish, or Greek to my art historian eyes.

Jim LaFleur tried to quell the fears of booze drinking, dynamite throwing Horace- Amy is over Paul. Infact, Jim himself can't even remember the face of the girl he loved three years ago...enter Kate.

What will happen now? Two weeks, ugh? Sayid looks like he's in trouble....

3 comments:

Mommy, Esq. said...

I thought the ep was a nice respite from "trying to get back to the island.". Something nice about the normalcy of living in a village. LOVE, LOVE that "Jim" commented on Richard Alpert's eyeliner. Am I the only one that finds him absolutely attractive? Think Husband would wear some eyeliner for me. Hee!

P.S. Took me a while to respond because we didn't watch until naptime on Saturday.

Monica Marino said...

Oh, Kristin, I agree- and I wrote a long comment on last week's post, sorry. Hels, go read and answer questions. I LOVED the eyeliner comment and giggled over it all night.

Stacey said...

We did not see Daniel in 1977, just 1974. However, remember in the first (?) episode of the season when the Orientation doctor was checking out the mine shaft? We saw Daniel then so perhaps that wasn't a "flash" Daniel but a 1977+ Daniel. Hard to tell. I assume Miles hasn't been born yet or he would be dead too? Assuming he is the Orientation doctor's baby...

The "reveals" are definitely not as "dun dun" as the past. Of course it was Sawyer as the head security guard! Good call on the baby - I just dismissed it as Juliette's redemption and didn't even think about WHO it could be. I also can't believe we have to wait 2 weeks before the next episode!

Interestingly, the Lostaways spent 3 years (where are the others like Rose?) with the Dharma Initiative. What pull will be stronger? How can you not be "turned" by those 3 years? I have a feeling that will be a major plotline.