Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ilana, we hardly knew you.....

So a week later, and I'm finally trying to edit this and get some discussion going before tomorrow night! I'm so on vacation time....I'm mad because I had some witty things to say, and they didn't get saved....guess you're stuck with whatever I come up with right now. A moment of silence for Ilana who blew up a la Dr. Arzt with the unstable dynamite. I was honestly shocked that she went kaboom! I had to ask JoEllen if I had missed something....because, ok maybe I wasn't totally paying attention! I promise to be good this week:)

Things I'm pondering.....

Des, Des, Des- According to Lisa (and her son), Des is the new Jacob. Ok- I'll play. Des certainly is the new Cupid as he is using the manifest to unite people like Hurley and Libby. Was Des on the list? Was he a candidate? I've been trying to look for screen shots of the cave ceiling or of the dial at the lighthouse, but no luck. We know that FLocke didn't seem to be so thrilled to that Des and his electromagnetic repelling self had returned. What's with throwing Des down the well? Not cool:(


I'm bothered by this "alive" not "alive" thing in the Sideways world. How can Libby, and Charlie, be alive in one world and remembering the island world, but dead in that world.

True to their word, the producers have been giving us answers. But does anyone else find them to be, a little anti-climactic? (I'm staying positive, I'm staying positive....) The Whispers- souls who cannot move forward- urghhh....more Purgatory. No, no, no !!!

Has Hurley "seen" any dead friends who actually died on the island? Why hasn't Libby appeared to him? Didn't he see Ana Lucia (and lots of Charlie and Mr. Eko) off the island?


Ok- now to the big stuff....
Reasons why Des hit Locke? I'm hearing all sorts of ideas

1. Des was after Locke after throwing him down the well

2. Des was trying to "hit" Locke and force him to remember the island (as he seems to be doing person by person). Locke's face seemed a bit revealing when he was hit.... (How great was Dr. Linus patrolling the parking lot for pedophiles? Funny!)

3. Des was trying to "hit" Locke and force him to switch realities to the island body where he would re inhabit his body bumping Smokey out.

Remember how "Good Locke" always called Hurley "Hugo" and Sawyer "James"- How did he know their real names? That was never explained. How long has he been he the almighty Smokey? Or could he have been chosen by Smokey as someone to hold on to long ago. Old Locke didn't ever want to leave the island- because it was his Paradise that gave him back his legs. Remember in "Cabin Fever" when Hurley found Jacob's cabin, and he saw Christian rocking in the chair in it- and then Locke's eye popped up in the window?

Jack and FLocke finally came face to face. Science vs. Faith vs. evil incarnate? And these two camps have merged.....hmmmm.....

Will Sun and Jin reunite? I know they're is supposed to be more deaths- and I'm starting to get nervous. :(

Did you love the Willy Wonka music in the preview? "There's no way of knowing, which way we are going....." Oohhh, I have shivers right now!

4 comments:

Jo Ellen said...

Des is not the new Jacob. No reasons, just don't buy it. If I have to down the biblical road I'll give him the Archangel Michael status. But that's all you're getting from me.

Not bothered by dead there, alive here. Make sense that in alternate realities different energies retain their previous forms. (I think I watched way more Star Trek: TNG and Deep Space Nine than you did).

Sun & Jin will probably have their Peaches & Herb moment this week. I would like Des out of the hole (a la Juliet, the tailies pit & the Donkey wheel) please and a Mr. Eko visit.

Stacey said...

I agree with Jo Ellen, I am not convinced that Des is the new Jacob. He is definitely playing an integral role in helping the alterna-Losties "recover" their memories. But my bigger question is, will that matter? As another SciFi afficionado, typically there is an intersection of realities that will "fix" one or the other. Is that going to be the case here? Will the alterna-Losties end up disappearing? Or will they become the new reality if Faucke ends up being contained? Cool idea that Locke may have been Smokey for a lot longer than we knew. I assumed it was when his dead body come on the island but it could be earlier. Perhaps when he was shot by Ben?

Stacey said...

I almost forgot. I also looked away briefly (loading pictured into my computer) and heard the explosion. I didn't figure out that Ilana was killed until after we went back to the Losties after the commercial break. So it was pretty anti-climactic for me. Plus, I wasn't too impressed with her although I wouldn't mind knowing more about her backstory with those wounds and how she first met Jacob.

Monica Marino said...

Wait. How did Desmond survive the fall down that well? And is there not a LOST next week? The info on Casttv says next episode on May 4?! And I am so pleased that Jin and Sun are finally, finally reunited!