Thursday, March 18, 2010

Conning a con (and some recon)

I think this was my favorite sideways life yet! Sawyer is the opposite of himself in so many ways; he's not a con man, he is "the law". Miles, who we came to love as LaFleur's trust right hand man at New Otherton, is indeed his partner in L.A.P.D. What remains the same is that James Ford is still looking for "Sawyer" and he may have some commitment issues. Loved Dr. Charlotte Lewis popping up. I love that Miles set them up as she worked with "his dad" (Dr. Marvin Candle, aka Dr. Pierre Chang) I think most people assumed/hoped that Juliet would show up in Sawyer's sideways. I think this might be more proof that she will end up as the mother of David Shepherd. But I predict that she and Sawyer will meet again.....

The Smoke Monster's followers are strange group. Sayid looks so out of it- what's his deal? We knew it was only a matter of time before Claire attacked Kate- but how about Faux Locke's reaction? Slapping her silly! There is definitely some deep stuff to discuss in Smokey's discussion of Aaron now having a "crazy mom" and how " a long time ago" he had a crazy mom too. Now real Locke's mom was in the loony bin, but Smokey had a mom? How long ago was that?

What did you think of Faux Locke sending Sawyer off to do recon? Did he really want him to bring back information? Did he expect him to be killed by whomever was over there? I know that many of you were probably not happy with the introduction of Zoe. ( I could almost hear you Mon saying, "no more newbies!". We knew Widmore was coming- and don't forget that he told real Locke last year that "war was coming to the island".

Me thinks that war has arrived.

2 comments:

Mommy, Esq. said...

Okay, when Locke referred to his crazy mom I had an inkling of a Greek myth - which son of Hera (I assume it was Hera) could he be? I swear they are drawing on Greek mythology for the good v evil on the island. Also, what happened to Mile's talent - is it gone? All in all it was a good episode although I'm not sure I like how much Sawyer is in with Locke.

Jo Ellen said...

I really liked this episode, but I LOVED Ben's episode the week before (even if Helen + Linus a la social studies and that makes me = Arzt?Arnst?Arst? a la science).
Charlotte, the dirty girl, I admit Sawyer would be a little tricky to resist. That was a great twist. And of course she "worked" with Marvin Candle... all we needed was Farraday playing piano in the lounge they hooked up in.
I wonder if Locke's father, Mr. Cooper from Alabama, is still the con Sawyer is looking for? Will it all come to a head at Locke & Helen's wedding?
Good point about Miles' talent. Didn't think of that!
Living for Tuesday... love to all.