Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dr.Linus, I presume...

Did you love this Ben-centric episode?

I definitely did- and not just because AP Modern European History was my FAVORITE class of high school. (I wonder what dear Miss Horn is up to these days....some of you will know this, "Take out this document...."

Alex Rousseau seemed to be pretty lucky to have Dr. Linus as a teacher. I think Dr. Linus would've been a pretty cool teacher, a la our friend Dr. Ryan at RMHS! I'm sure Dr. Linus would sing national anthems in foreign languages and support the History Club.

How interesting that in Ben's Sideways, his "Roger Workman" dad is still alive and they seem to have a pretty good relationship. What blew my mind of course was the fact that they HAD been part of the DHARMA initiative and had LEFT the island? Woah-hmmmmm.......

Ben tries to blackmail the principal- no good. He does however get Alex her Yale recommendation. Island Ben tries to escape- only to find that Ilana (and Jacob) will forgive him. Ben Linus finds redemption, off and on the island.

Oh and don't forget the Jack, Hurley and Richard's escapade at the Black Rock. Jack suddenly is a man of faith.

The best part of the episode- Charles Widmore and his submarine arriving back at the island! Geez, what is it about this island that keeps pulling everyone back.

Periscope down, Mr. Widmore.

2 comments:

Monica Marino said...

I loved this episode. Snippy Myles, snippy Ben, staffroom drama- something to please me at every turn. Besides, the Other Others are gone and there was much unnecessary gunfire. I hope tonight's (last night for you) episode is as good!

Mommy, Esq. said...

Ben has grown on me over the years. I like that they finally dealt with the death of his daughter - I wonder if he'd like his alterna-life?