Sunday, March 28, 2010

"ille qui nos omnes servabit"

So many of you are so kind and complementary- you enjoy the blog you tell me, you email me back and tell me what you liked- please comment then! I only have seven episodes left to blog about, so you would make me ever so happy if you would leave your compliment, or your comment here! Blog-ettiquette says you should "delurk" and comment. You can do it! Alison figured it out:) or maybe I finally unlocked all the right things.

Let's get down to business- I've been wondering:

Are Jacob and the Smoke Monster brothers? I keep thinking about biblical brothers like Jacob and Esau (how many of you read Katherine Paterson's Jacob Have I Loved?) Have you noticed that we don't know the Smoke Monster's real name? Jacob was the golden beloved one, and Esau the unloved. Remind you of our two eternal island dwellers?

The island is a cork that keeps the evil (smoke monster) in- when the numbers leaked from the island a little evil made it's way in the world, and caused Hurley and others before him much grief. But there is evil in the world, so how much worse would the world be if Smokey escaped?

Who will be the new Jacob in the end? I had thought for awhile, Jack. But is Jack meant to sacrifice himself because he could never be happy in the real world? Could it be Hurley? Hurley has got to be important, right? It's never the ones you expect (I always new Neville Longbottom would be the key of "Harry Potter" especially when we found out that he could've been the chosen one by Voldemorte, but I digress....)


Have you realized that Jack and Flocke haven't met yet? The relationship and the dynamic between Jack (the man of science) and Locke (the man of faith) is so integral to the show. What will happen when they meet?


Taweret- the statue. So we now know that the Black Rock wiped out Taweret, the Egyptian goddess of birth, rebirth and the northern sky (random). That's why all that's left of her is her four-toed foot. According to Jonathan, this must be the reason why women can not get pregnant and children can not be born on the island! Perhaps, perhaps.....I have also been wondering if Jacob prevented pregnancies/births as to prevent the Smoke Monster from inhabiting bodies and souls.

Who's locked up in Widmore's sub? His lovely son-in-law Des perhaps? Wouldn't that make you happy Josie:)?

If the island is gateway to hell- shouldn't we maybe see if Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the Scooby gang are available to come take care of this? I think Sarah Michelle Gellar might be looking for some work....Stacey get on that, ok?

Anyone know where my post title comes from?????

4 comments:

acurrier said...

It's got to be Des. They won't let him be happy on his little boat with his little Charlie.

Mommy, Esq. said...

Yeah, where is Desmond? Good theory on the fertility issues - I hadn't heard that before. Aren't you pissed that after all this time it comes down to good v. evil of two men we met at the end of last season? Who are white and milddle aged, natch.

Jo Ellen said...

Oo! Oo! I know! Its what Richard said! What lies in the shadow of the statue was the question and "Ille qui nos omnes servabit" was the answer. All good others speak Latin of course and it means something to the effect of "he who will save us all" - its also very biblical - Lisa, get your Jesus stick out.
I love the Jacob & Esau connection and again I need to shout out to Lisa who suggested this to me last week, prior to the Richard backstory.
I don't think I want Des locked up. Can't it be Michael? Or maybe Mr. Friendly... ok, ok, its a pipedream, but you all know I feel very strongly about my "brutha". You're right Al, no one will let Des be happy. Ellie Faraday told him he couldn't be way back when.
I can't wait for tonight!

Melissa said...

I have very stubborn opinions about certain characters on this show which I have expressed to many of you. Jack: will end up sacrificing himself for his mates somehow, that is his job, he has a superman complex (or maybe he can just live on the island with his ghost dad and squirrel hunting sister). I don't care one way or another about Sun and Jin, but I believe they will reunite and get off the island. I think Kate and Sawyer will also get off the island and raise Aaron (maybe he can have playdates with Clementine). Sayid will die, (hopefully doing something noble, so he can get to see Nadia again) or he will become the new "dark" brother. I agree with Helen that Hurley will stay and be the new Jacob, he is so much more equipped for the role than Jack, much more zen, and he sees dead people and speaks other languages, much more qualified than whiny Jack.

The one I am not sure about is Ben...I have to think a little more about that.

And sorry Josie, if Daniel Faraday's motha, said Des can not be happy-then brutha, I don't think things will end well there.

Crazy Doc. Jensen mentioned the other biblical brothers-Cain and Abel-and he gave those comparisons to Jacob and Smokey but it was kind of confusing as are all his posts.

Who is locked in the room??? Maybe one of the creepy special children like Aaron, or Sun's kid who I can't remember her name, but not taller ghost Walt, cause he won't be on this season. Maybe Michael? Maybe he helped Widmore find the island??

This is why I never post, I can't shut UP!