Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What the Hell.....?

(***In an effort to be better about posting- I am writing this and watching the episode simultaneously)

No, not "What the Helen" the reality show that I live everyday or as Lisa says, "Who the Hell is Helen", but HELL.

Really. It can't be. This long awaited back story of pretty eyes Richard starts with him telling the final candidates of Jacob that they are all dead, and the island is hell! The last few weeks I've been reading spoilers on my various sites that were pointing to the significance of the island being a "four letter word". I was trying to dance around these spoilers because I really didn't want to figure them out. I've been one of those people from Season 1 who was refusing to accept that this could all be purgatory or hell. I frankly believe that we all deserve more than that!

With Richard's kind of exotic quality I expected a back story from Ancient Egypt. But instead he's from the Canary Islands. Ok. He ended up in jail after accidentally killing a rich doctor who wouldn't come out to save his dying wife. Sad. He has always seemed conflicted. A great priest who wouldn't forgive him for his sins. A nice message to play during Lent.

He's "luckily" plucked out of prison to go on a ship to the "new world". (Which by 1865 I'm sure they were calling the Americas or North America) Off he goes on the Black Rock. And the rest we know if history. (shout out to the Hansos)

Did the captain have the sickness? is that why he was running his sword through everyone?

Smoke monster comes- judges and leaves him??? Porque? and ugh an episode filled with Spanish subtitles- that's one Romance language I didn't study.

Is it me or does the man in black kind of look like a thinner cleaned up Richard Hatch?

I feel like we are really being played over who is bad and who is good? who do we believe? I'm sure Richard was confused? and Ben? I feel like I got some answers- and I'm buying into this "cork" thing. A ha, CORK not HELL. Jacob needs to keep the Smoke Monster on the island, or hell will be unleashed.

(PS-I totally called Hurley talking to the dead wife- Spanish and all.)

It's just a little show about a plane crash......................or obviously much, much more

3 comments:

acurrier said...

Hatch! That's great.

Monica Marino said...

Definitely Richard Hatch! Now I know I'm being really picky because I keep complaining about too many characters... but thought this episode, while somewhat interesting, was a little TOO Ricardos-centric. I wanted to see him interacting with all of our old friends- Heloise, Ben etc. And the Man in Black is sort of growing on me. Is that wrong?

Jordan said...

I just can't believe Lost is really going to end with Jacob v. Man in Black when the first four seasons had us so invested in the passengers of Oceanic 815 and the players in the Dharma initiative.

I feel like less and less of the plot was actually planned from the beginning. I just personally cannot get invested in two characters who we've only seen for about one season.