Friday, May 21, 2010

I bet the nurse at New Otherton High has a problem with her ice packs too

I obviously knew that this show would have to have an end....but I'm not a fan of change, and I'm just so sad to say goodbye. Editor's note- I purposely didn't read Doc Jensen before I blogged today, and it seems that he and I are much in sync with each other. Some similar predictions about the ultimate future/importance of Hurley, Ben, and Juliet. And we thought the same quotes were funny too:)

Jack-
I was so mad about the tease about the mother, and we won't find out till tomorrow night. My money is still on Juliet, but I've been wrong about a lot of things lately so maybe it will indeed be Sarah. Julie Bowen was just in Hawaii filming for "Modern Family".....

Locke visits Jack at his office. "Maybe this is all happening for a reason. Maybe you are supposed to fix me."

Des-
Now Desmond always seemed a little mystical. He got extra mystical after blowing up with the hatch (the first time)- "You're gonna die, Charlie", but is it me or does he seem WICKED mystical now? He's on a quest to reunite the old gang- and I'm intrigued to see how this will all play out in the finale. Pretty bold of him to try and run Locke over, AGAIN. As Des said to Ben, I'm not here to hurt him, I'm here to help him let go.....hmmmm.......Des shows up to turn himself in to LAPD, thus reuniting himself with Sawyer, and Sayid, and Kate....
Des is starting to remind me of Mr. Body in Clue. Ha, Ana Lucia.....I like that Hurley has totally accepted this situation.

Des is the failsafe....and FLocke is going to use him to destroy the island!

Ben-
Yikes! Poor Dr. Linus, trying to make a citizens arrest to protect "Mr. Locke". Great to see Rousseau- love the invitation to Coco Vin night. Rousseau insisted he come, "even if we had to kidnap you", isn't she funny..... but I hated Rousseau putting the moves on him. In one reality Ben stole her child, and in the other they could have been together, I don't think so.

Ben lead our two missing friends that we were so concerned about (Richard and Miles) back to New Otherton to retrieve his cache of C4. (Doesn't everyone have C4 hidden in a secret closet in their house?) He also tells them it is connected to the tunnel that he was told was he he could summon the monster- great line, "but now I know the monster summoned me". This solidified to me the fact that Ben never communicated with Jacob as he thought, but with MIB.

Ding dong! Who shows up Ben's door but his old friend Charles Widmore, and Zoe. Oh no- here comes FLocke, let's hide. Did anyone think that would turn out well? Obviously not because Miles took off into the forest. Didn't we love Richard, I'm going to try and talk him....and we haven't seen Richard since. I don't think he is dead, because I don't think he can die. FLocke could kill Zoe, but I don't think he could kill Widmore because I believe Widmore was at one point a candidate. Ben decided that Widmore, "didn't get to save his daughter" and took Widmore out.

Unredeemed Ben appears to be back....

Great line alert!
I lived in these houses 30 years before you did, which was last week....Miles


Magical s'mores

Up until now, only Hurley could see and talk to Jacob. But Jacob decided to put an expiration date on himself, and appear to the candidates who were left.

Jacob says he chose them all because they were all flawed, like him. All alone, and looking for something they couldn't find. The island needed them as much as they needed the island. One of them must protect the light of the island. I really liked Jess's prediction about Kate being crossed off the list for taking Aaron. But to find out that she was crossed out because she kind of had a purpose in life now, being Aaron's mom was interesting. "It's just a line of chalk, the job is yours if you want it"- really, really.....

Jack jumps up and says he will accept the challenge. He drinks from the special cup after Jacob whispered some mumbo jumbo. (The same thing that his mother did to him...)

Great line alert!

Sawyer comments to Kate as Jack drinks from the cup, "I thought that guy had a god complex before...."

Jack asks Jacob how long he will have to do the job- Jacob says as long as you can....

Likes to feel his feet on the ground- reminds him that he was human

Totally Lost, there are six clips this week! The first couple are a little silly, but worth watching. The third, fourth clips show so me great interviews with Jacob and Smokey, and you'll all love Smokey's shirt.

http://www.ew.com/ew/video/0,,20313460_20313475,00.html?bcpid=75281507001&bclid=64100614001&bctid=86386095001

So friends, what will happen? At the beginning of the season, I thought this Sideways world would turn out to not be real. But I'm really invested in it now. I don't want it to disappear!

3 comments:

acurrier said...

"wicked mystical"

Ms. Curtis said...

I think that the Sideways in LA is Jacob setting up good lives for everyone who decides NOT to be the candidate. So, Sawyer, Kate, Hurley, etc. will have a good life back in LA and Jack's Sideways life will be done (b/c he'll be on the island). If Sawyer had decided to stay, Jack would have had a good life with his son....etc.,etc.

We'll see...

Jo Ellen said...

I think Des's purpose in the great Lostie round-up is to bring them back to do it right this time. People seem to have flashes of knowing one another, Des beating Locke, Hurley & Libby, etc. I think there could be a "happy ending" where they return to the island during the pilot episode crash and know how to make it right this time. Step one: First you open the hatch. Step two: Take your Des from the hatch...

Okay, okay, it's highly unlikely we're getting a do-over. The old, "if I knew then, what I know now" may not be realistic... but its nice to dream.

All I know is I wanted Des to be alive at the finale ~ didn't know he'd have such an important role. Jack drank the kool-aid as we expected long ago and Kate needs to be done... she can go the way of Ana Lucia. But please, oh please, if "movin' out" police woman worked around her parole for DWI can't we see Mr. Eko one more time?

Can't wait for tomorrow... so glad I took Monday off ;)