Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hold that thought....

I made a whole list of topics I could use for this "Post-Everyday-Until-the-Premiere" challenge, and tonight I find myself throwing it out the window.

At school today my friend Lisa asked, "did you watch the season finale last night?"

Oh my, I thought- I totally didn't- how did I miss that, I really could have used a recap!

Never fear readers- TiVo to the rescue! I realized that I was in my bedroom last night and there may have been taping in the living room and indeed, it did. So I've spent the last hour and a half re-watching "The Incident". It was one of those pop-up episodes with info at the bottom. I love the info, but hating having to keep my eyes peeled on the screen at all times.

Wow! I forgot how much my head hurt after that finale last year. So much happened! I usually watch each episode of Lost twice. I don't think I watched this one twice, so I did some processing tonight.

"The Incident" opens with Jacob weaving and a whole lot of symbolism hit me right away. I'm a big fan of all things Greek mythology, and I think the writers/producers of Lost sure are too. I immediately thought of Penelope, Odysseus' long suffering wife who weaved every night while here husband was away. (This is of course a nod to Desmond's long suffering Penny who waits for him as he goes on his round the world journey.) I'm also reminded of "The Fates" who spin, measure, and eventual cut the thread of each person's life.

Since Jacob seems to pull a lot of "strings" in the lives of our Oceanic 815 peeps, the allusion to the Greeks seems appropriate. (Pretty good, huh. Totally mine)

In 1977-I had forgotten how far Jack has come in this episode. Suddenly he is ready to commit to detonating this bomb and has made the conversion to being a man of Faith- a man who basically now believes in John Locke. (more to come in a future post about the Man of Science vs. the Man of Faith.)

The Quadrangle has many longing looks at each other; Sawyer at Kate, Kate at Jack, Jack at Kate, Juliet at Sawyer, Juliet at Kate? (also more to come on this mess before next Tuesday)

Jack and Sayid are able to get the bomb in a backpack (?) with the help of Richard and Ellie. (I'm surprised they didn't see the Smoke Monster while they were in those underneath tunnels.)

I completely forgot that Sayid was shot- and this reboot must happen in order to save him.

2007-Those Other others (the Ajira Airways people) are traipsing the island with a knocked out Frank Lapidus and John Locke in a box. (You put your Locke in a box...) They realize that "Jacob's shack" hasn't been used in awhile.

Also in 2007- Locke leads the regular Others, Ben, Richard and Sun to the statue to find Jacob. This doesn't end well for Jacob- and Locke isn't Locke- he's the Man in Black.

Oh, and the best part of the episode- we find out that Rose, Bernard, and Vincent have been happily living their dream retirement out in the jungle.


I think I'm ready for next week!

Viewer mail:

Stacey would like to know about Shannon and Boone? Yes, Stacey- in theory the reboot should show us both, however rumors say we are only getting Boone. Apparently Maggie Grace and the actress who played Rousseau were two of the only hold outs. The Boone back story will just be minus his step-sister.

Monica- Oh, poor Daniel.....if you haven't seen yet, you will definitely see what happens to him on screen.

2 comments:

Mommy, Esq. said...

Great post!

Jo Ellen said...

Lisa gets love and I get dissed... you're lucky you wrote "you put your Locke in a box" or I'd be off the comment team.
xo
p.s. Good Greek Charlie Brown!