Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Since you've been gone...............

(For the record, in the Lost Blogathon I've created for myself the most previous post about all of our questions was actually posted yesterday. As I post today, I am keeping with my promise. This one's going to have to be quick, 'cause I have a bunch of school stuff to accomplish at the same time.)

We've lost quite a few characters in these five seasons of Lost. Darlton has always said, "when you're dead on the island, you are dead." Thanks for flashbacks and Jacob's shack we continue to see some other favorites.

Here are my two categories of characters who have left us

I ain't missing you at all.....
Ethan Rom- How creepy was William Mapother in the first season role as the infiltrating Other who tries to take Claire and baby Aaron? (you know he's Tom Cruise's cousin, right?)

Nikki and Paulo- do you even remember these two train wrecks, who as we speak are buried alive? Awful- they were almost the jumping the shark moment of this series

Anna Lucia- just plain annoying, and proof that if you drink and drive in Hawaii, you'll get canned

Gone, but in our hearts....
Charlie- I know others who will disagree, but I have a soft spot for the DriveSHAFT bassist

Rousseau and Alex- I wanted more time for their reunion, and I loved the French woman's Rambo, gun toting attitude

Locke- Obvy

In Limbo- Where does Claire fall? Dead or alive?

Anyone you're glad to be rid of, or miss terribly? (I left you plenty of possibilities:)

4 comments:

Monica Marino said...

Glad to be rid of Keavy (?) the scary Marine Man. Indifferent towards Michael. Missing Libby- but only because I want her backstory with Hurley. I don't really like her as a person... but hate unanswered questions.

I like this game! It keeps me up to date and ready for next week!

Stacey said...

What about Shannon and Boone? Won't they be alive in the reboot? Not really sure how they will do that given Boone is now vamping it up (hee!) on Vampire Diaries. But Maggie Grace is not doing anything...if people REALLY stay dead if they are dead on the island then I guess we can say farewell permanently to Charlotte and Daniel too, right? Wow, listing all the dead people like this makes you realize how high the Lost body count is, doesn't it? Might be up there with 24 if you count Ben's nefarious poisoning of the Darma group peeps.

Monica Marino said...

I'm re watching last season and will answer my own question in the next few days- but do we know Daniel's dead? Didn't we just hear from someone... Miles? Hurley? that something bizarre happened with Daniel and we are not sure what it was? Will we find out?

Jo Ellen said...

as mentioned in my "Who's your favorite character" entry, I really miss Mr. Eko and the Jesus Stick. He stood up to Ana Lucia and let's face it, he took the road he was on to spare the brother... Kwame? Swami? What was his name.
Stacey, no offense... BUT Shannon and Boone were creepy. He was prettier than she was and c'mon... her and Sayid. No way.
"I'm sorry" but I don't miss Charlie, although his palming of "Not Penny's Boat" was an ultimate show of friendship to Dez.
Where are the missing children taken from the back of the plane?
ooo... Rousseau... I did like that character. Her shaven armpits were unrealistic however ;)