Saturday, January 30, 2010

What's my line?

Lost has given us some pretty good quotes over the last five years. I tried to pick a wide variety. I love the funny ones as much as I love the deep ones.

Can you figure out who any of them belong to, or the context of them?

1. "It's French, the French are coming! I've never been so happy to hear the French."

2. "I'm sorry that I'm not cool enough to be part of your merry little band of adventurers. I know clique when I see it. I teach high school, pally. You know, you people think you're the only ones on this island doing anything of value. I got news for you. There were forty other survivors of this plane crash. And we are all people, too."

3. "Who the hell is Hugo and how did he get $160 million to leave to his mama?!?"

4. "You're a man of science. I'm a man of faith. Do you really think all this is an accident? That we, a group of strangers, survived, many of us with just superficial injuries? You think we crashed on this place by coincidence? Especially this place? We were brought here for a purpose, for a reason — all of us. Each one of us was brought here for a reason."

5. "This is not your island. This is our island. And the only reason you're living on it is because we let you live on it... We've got a misunderstanding, Jack — your people, my people. So listen carefully. Right here there's a line. You cross that line, we go from misunderstanding to something else. Now give me your weapons, turn around, go home."

6. "I don't know what is more disquieting — the fact that the rest of the statue is missing, or that it has 4 toes?"

7. "Do you not hear me, brother? I crashed your bloody plane!"

8. "'He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us.' Your tattoos -- that's what they say." "That's what they say. That's not what they mean."

9. "Ooh, looks like crouching tiger and hidden dragon got something good. Lay it on me." "No nicknames. If you lose, no nicknames for anyone for a week."

10. "Rescuing you and your people...I can't really say it's our primary objective."

11. "Is he talking about what I think he's talking about?" "If you mean time travelling bunnies, yes."

3 comments:

Stacey said...

OK, I had to open a new window so I could refer back to the quotes. Here's what I think:
1. Sawyer (total guess)
2. Science teacher who got blown up - Harold?
3. No idea
4. Locke
5. Ben
6. Hmmmm, disquieting is a weird word to use so I'm going to guess Sun.
7. Des
8. Random person and Jack
9. Sawyer and Sun
10. Daniel or Miles
11. Not sure...won't even guess

Wow, I kind of sucked at that.

Monica Marino said...

Ok, unrelated- but I'm all caught up now. How could I have forgotten what happened to Daniel? It's almost like the hydrogen bomb went off in my head and I'm starting from scratch. Will have to avoid blog, Facebook, and all media from Wed am until Wed pm. No spoilers for me!!

Monica Marino said...

Hels, I have one more question. Is Charlotte really supposed to be about 8 years older than Daniel? I'm not buying it. I figured they were both about our age. She's not 40! Yet, in '77, she was about 8 years old. Hmm....